Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smoking in Memoirs

Trapped in place by fatigue,
flitting in and out of reality;
the smell of the coffee,
that isn't actually there,
finally pulls me out of the blankets,
and down the creaking pine stairs.
The lighter is thumbed lit
without a cig to ignite;
smoking in the memoirs of the past...
It's well enough to stay inside,
and deal with the withdrawal;
even though it's been a long time since
the last fumes breathed in;
because it's damn cold out there.

Brush away the irritating fly;
I don't mind him so much,
as he's got only a few days left to live,
and I've been keeping track.

And all this while fruitless pursuits,
and stacks of distraction
surround me on all sides,
I feel the hum of the fridge,
and write worthless scraps of detritus.



[15:17|27.10.011] ©c.thomas.carter

No comments:

Post a Comment