Monday, January 16, 2012

Infinite Walls


There is a fountain inside of me
wanting to break forth through my tongue
wanting to express the indescribable
like the love of a mother,
the love a father,
the fear that someone you love will die,
the rapture when you know truth,
the passage of time,
the unknowable perfection of infinity,
the heart's burn with real love,
the heart's ache when abandoned,
the mystery of dreams,
the beauty of a tree,
the realization of beauty in everything...

only to have it fade.
I long desperately to share with someone
the feelings I have that I can't explain
why I am who I am
why I will be whom I will be
Stretching back and forth through infinity
we will all meet each other someday

But for now, I hide in my cave,
and walk the icy sidewalks,
beholding the people of the city,
at times faces never seen again.

Please break down my walls,
rout the forces that bind me,

O God, I am a sinner...
please have mercy on me



[21:07|16.1.012] ©c.thomas.carter

No comments:

Post a Comment