Monday, January 30, 2012

Limitless Humanity


An exigent excursion to my id,
to see the shadows there;
they play fluid figures with the light,
keeping in rhythm the laws of nature;

Now just to see a single tear, and wonder
how the cosmos twists to allow it
to be seen by me, and watch it fall;
and in turn my desire to weep;
without knowing its reason to appear.

::swim in the synchronized,
you've heard this before::

My heart burns and aches to
transcend its limitations;
to see through the 'eyes' of
every living thing.

but I am held back with the assurance,
that I might someday step outside the
boundaries of the universe;
beyond the discernment of the self;
and by the virtue of compassion,
view the cosmos of limitless Humanity.


[21:27|30.1.012] ©c.thomas.carter

No comments:

Post a Comment